I've been there, I get it
I'm proud to be one of the leading experts on kettlebell training, as one of only two women in the world who holds the title of Master RKC, an elite select certification level. With over 15 years of experience, beginning with my Feldenkrais certification in 2001, I've coached individuals with a wide range of fitness levels and challenges, supporting beginners to elite athletes and trainers.
Owner of Dynamic Fitness in Santa Fe and a sought-after seminar instructor, I use a comprehensive knowledge of biomechanics and physiology to promote an “honesty of movement” in my clients. In addition to developing programs in mobility and strength-based training, my own personal brand of hybrid stretching combined with flowing movement helps to identify and open up limitations in tissues and joints, unlock a range of motion and recalibrate the musculoskeletal structure.
As a mother of two girls, I understand the body transitions that come with pregnancy, hormonal changes and aging. I have overcome injuries and have had to work at reaching a balance of nutrition and wellness.
I get it. Losing weight, changing behaviors and getting desired results in the middle of a chaotic life are real challenges — for men and women. I am driven by the goal to help others attain more freedom in their bodies and achieve their best movement potential. "Real Fitness for Real People" is not just something I talk about, it's my work and my passion.
- Feldenkrais Certified - Feldenkrais therapy works to repair connections between the brain and body and increase range of movement and psychological wellbeing. It is recognized for improving posture, flexibility, coordination, athletic and even artistic ability in people with restricted mobility, chronic pain and tension.
- Master RKC (Russian Kettlebell Challenge) - A title appointed after extensive experience and demonstration of the highest levels of integrity, commitment, teaching skills, leadership and personal physical ability.
- Z-Health R, S, T (Rehabilitation, Restoration & Re-education; Sport Movement Fundamentals; and Neural Threat Modification) - A training system that works with an understanding of modern neuroscience to "debug" movement patterns and optimize performance.
- FMS (Functional Movement Screen) - This corrective system (used by U.S. Navy Seals and professional football teams) works to understand movement patterns that identify pain, prevent injury, build mobility/stability and improve physical performance.
- CST (Circular Strength Training) - This broad system integrates joint mobility, multi-planar progressive resistance, compensatory movement, intuitive flow and Clubbell® swinging for strength and conditioning.
- Clubbell Yoga - A fusion of eastern club swinging and Hatha Yoga for weighted vinyasa flow sequences that build strength and increase fluidity.
- TRX Certified - A suspension training system that leverages gravity and bodyweight to develop strength, balance, flexibility and core stability through various focused exercises.
- PPC (Progressive Calisthenics Certification) - An urban-style bodyweight strength method that promotes movement with maximum power, control and efficiency — one-arm push-ups, pistols, pull-ups, handstands and hanging levers.
- MCT (MovNat Certified Trainer) - a fitness and physical education system based on the full range of natural human movement skills.
Areas of EXPERTISE:
- Pain/Injury Rehab + Prevention
- Personalized Fitness Program Design (fat-loss, endurance, etc.)
- Diet/Goals Coaching
- Increasing Flexibility/Mobility
- Kettlebell Certification Preparation
- Improving Sports Performance
I am also a regular contributor to several respected fitness publications and websites including Dragon Door, Breaking Muscle, Men's Fitness and Outside Magazine.